Motivate Me Monday - 21 Days From Now I Will Be Where?

A snapshot of my daily UC meds. No fun!
Happy Monday party people!  Back again to check in on last week's goals and set some new ones for next week.  Ready?  Ready.

Last week, I had a suck week so my one goal was to simply try.  It certainly wasn't my best week and while I'd like to say I was happy with how much I tried to do last week, the simple fact is I just didn't hit my stride until Friday.  

Coloring my son rad. He asked me to!
On the whoopdie-do side, many of my UC issues had cleared up by Friday and I got a nice reprieve through the weekend.  I actually power walked my way through a Color Me Rad 5k on Sunday which was freaking awesome.  I even hit 14ish minute miles what I was hype about.  Saturday I did my 21 Day Fix as promised, but Sunday I didn't...  I'm not sure if it was the 21 Day Fix from Saturday, the 5k earlier in the day, still trying to get over being sick all week, or some combination of all of the above, but I was painfully sore and barely awake by 7pm.  I actually had to take a nap at 8 so I could be awake for "Mad Men" at 10.  Skipping day two?  That bummed me out.  

I won't even talk about how I did on 21 Day Fix-approved eating.  I had nothing in the house until I could shop on Saturday, was gone Sunday, and meal prep isn't happening until today...

You guys tired of my excuses yet?  I know I am.  And I don't know why I do it because I get so irritated with myself.  It's so easy to say that something beyond my control is holding me back, but the reality is that I'm holding myself back.  Not anything else.

Clearly, I need tangible goals.

So for this week, my goals are:

  • 10k Per Day - I'm back to 10k per day and actually I'm doing a Fitbit challenge with some friends...  Wouldn't it be nice to win that?
  • 21 Day Fix/Shakeology - I'm calling today day one and so help me goodness, I'm going to get through all 21 days.  I've blocked out time at the start of my day, when I know I'm feeling my best, to get the workouts done.  And I have to admit, I felt 180 degrees better drinking my shakes on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  I need to keep this up.  So, I've planned my meals, I've included Shakeology, and in 21 days I'm going to report back with how it all went, with little updates along the way.
  • Start My Day With a Light Workout - Clearly relying on feeling OK at
    Ever want to know what $10k in meds looks like?
    the end of the day, my favorite time to exercise, isn't working for me.  New plan is to do a quick, 10-15 minute warm-up workout when I wake up, then do my 21 Day Fix by 10am.  Where does that leave going to the gym?  Stay tuned I guess.
  • Accountability -  The best I ever did with the plan was when I posted online what I was eating and how I did.  Don't like those food pictures people post on social media?  Better not follow me on Twitter or Instagram...  Wait, no, please follow me.  I'll have a running post here too that I constantly update too, just so you can see what's going on.  
  • By May 17th I Will Be... -  I need more time to think about this one...  I'd like to say in 21 days I'll have established a routine, that I'm healthier, I'm in remission, the Prednisone bloat is gone, and I actually feel like going in public again.  Give me a day or two to come up with that one.  I'll list it with my starting stats. 
This week's quote seems a bit obvious, but it's from Autumn Calabrese and she only says it about a billion times during the 21 Day Fix routines.  And really, it's true.  I'm tired of starting over, so let's get it right this time!

10 comments:

  1. Im IN IN IN
    Ill JOIN JOIN JOIN your 10K per day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Carla! Make sure you keep us all updated on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're doing a 10k a day challenge, that is awesome!!! I think working out in the AM will really help too- I used to workout in the evening and I was always pooped and sometimes my motivation just wasn't there. Switching to the morning has made a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! So far I've done my 10 minute workout and took a walk. It's not even 10am and I'm at 4k steps already. Feeling a lot better about how I'm going to tackle the week. I think you're right... The secret is that early workout. :)

      Delete
  4. Great goals and way to make it through the color me rad race. I love this post its all about perseverance so keep going I'm rooting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good to hear because lately I feel like such a quitter. LoL!

      Delete
  5. I so don't think of these as excuses in your case! Love your sense of determination and hoping you are back to health asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I keep feeling like it is because other people in my spot still manage to exercise. I'm trying to find that balance between being too tough on myself and not tough enough. I'm my own worst critic, but I'm also my worst enabler to laziness too.

      Delete
  6. I totally get this - 21 days to form or break a habit. It's why I started doing my version of a cleanse once a year. Speaking of which... I need to do it again. I'm too stuck in vacation mode from the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it took 21 days to make or break a habit, but it didn't occur to me until you said it just how and why this is so important. Thank you for the jumpstart! :)

      Delete